Saturday, September 3, 2016

HIGHLIGHTS // Life after Graduation + Graduation Vlog!

Assalam Aleykum Warahmatullahy Wabarakatuh
Hello my people!



The past few weeks have definitely been a roller coaster of events, coupled with an array of various emotions. It began with one of my most stressful semesters ever!!!( what's new though i say that about every semester lol), followed by graduation and finally moving out of my hostel apartment, which if I may say, taught me that moving is not as exciting as i thought it was when i was younger.

The timing with regards to my graduation ceremony could not be any more perfect. I got done with my courses on Saturday and was graduating by the next Saturday (August 20th). After the graduation, I moved out of the hostel apartments and took my stuff into my grandma’s house and a day after that, I came back home to Mombasa. I'm not quite sure where i'll be settling down as of now, there's so much that both Mombasa and Nairobi have to offer, but in shaa Allah i'll know with time.

It has literally been one thing after the other, and I haven't really had time to take in the fact that i'm officially a graduate. I mean I'm basically an adult guys, with grown up stuff to worry about, like money, the future, bills, you know what i'm talking about.To be honest, i'm not as worried as people around me are.I'm constantly being asked by people of all ages, 'so what's next?' Some are sincerely curious, others want to here you're answer so they can find ideas for themselves within that, while others simply want to know if you have your ish together.

However if there's one thing I've learnt throughout my short life, it's that no one really has their ish together. No one really knows what they're doing. People are simply trying out different things and hoping that they turn out great. And if they don't, they simply get up and try again. Personally, i think that the people who look like they have everything figured out, the people who have their ish together, are those who put their best foot forward every single day. Those who acknowledge that every single day is a chance to create and grab opportunities, a chance to take one step towards the person you want to be and the life you want to live. Everyday is a chance to put in some effort to get you to where you want to be and most importantly, to keep pushing no matter what.

Nevertheless, this journey is not an easy one because if it was, everyone would do it. One of the most inspirational speakers to me, Les brown, talks about how it's not about the destination, but the journey itself. The experiences and obstacles you have to go through in that journey will mould you into the phoenix that you aspire to be. And so I realize that when people ask me what's next, it's ok to say 'I don't know' because honestly, no one knows what tomorrow holds for them.You could be employed one moment and out of a job in the next. 
Where most of us go wrong however, is that we see this concept of 'I don't know' as something negative. Hence we freeze in our tracks when people ask us this question because we have this perception that one has to have all the answers. But I see the concept of not knowing as an opportunity to explore, to wander and to challenge yourself. We can't all walk the same journey, we can only walk our own journey and sometimes, people who are not on this journey with us, people who do not share our visions may find our choices and decisions extremely difficult to understand. But that doesn't mean that we're wrong, it simply means that we're trying to figure ourselves out, were trying to figure our goals and our journeys out. And this may take a day for some and years for others, regardless, there's honestly absolutely nothing wrong with that.

So when people ask me what's next, expecting me to say that i have a job lined up for me somewhere, I simply say ' I don't know, I want to travel a little bit even though i have no money (lol), I also want to focus on creating content for my blog and my Youtube and also work on some personal projects, even though I don't get paid these things, I feel they are still important to me because they make me all giddy on the inside, they keep me busy, inspired and influence my personal development. Don't worry, getting a job is still at the top of my list of priorities. However as of now, I want to live a little, to learn and to explore, and who knows what the future holds, things could go my way, or nah. Either way, i'm excited, slightly terrified, but still excited.
As always, I love hearing from you guys and don't forget to check out my graduation vlog!Remember to like, subscribe, share and all that amazingness!


5 comments:

  1. Congrats! And I know what you mean about people asking what's next, expecting some kind of job lined up, just for me to tell them whatever happens, I want to travel.

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Amy!!!Ikr? The questions just keep on coming lol!

      Delete
  2. Shukran hun!Thanks so much for watching!!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete

BELOVED POSTS