Saturday, April 29, 2017

Just how fast the night changes.

Assalam Aleykum Warahmatullahy Wabarakatuh
Hey Hey Heeyyy!!!!


It’s been a while, which is quite the cliché term on this blog, but true none the less. It seems like only yesterday when I was expressing how happy and content I was. I recall stating on my last blog post how at peace I felt in my then current situation; which was basically blogging, Youtubing and driving classes, of which I passed thank God!

But alas they say life changes in an instant and that is exactly what happened. I got a job!!!Which I never expected at all! Immediately I finished my driving test I headed over to the office for my first day of work, talk about prompt timing! The funny thing is that the call completely took me aback. I had already planned my life after finishing my driving classes; keep growing my content online and move back to Nairobi for an internship I was yet to be called for.

Little did I know that I was about to make a rapid and abrupt detour on the rocky road that is life. I must admit, at first I was utterly confused and unsure. This was not at all in my plans and all my stuff was still lounging in Nairobi along with the rest of my life. I honestly had no plans of moving back to my home town sad to say. It’s not that I don’t love my home town Mombasa; I mean who doesn’t love sunny skies and tropical vibes? But I’ve been in Nairobi since I was 13, which is a huge chunk of my growing up.
Most of what I’ve known is in Nairobi, which is ironic because when I first moved there I despised the city entirely. I despised the cold weather, the wet roads and the gloomy days. I despised the hustle and bustle of the city streets, the noisy honking of rowdy matatus and the shoving and pushing of the Nairobi crowds. I despised the pace, the ‘I’m in hurry to go nowhere’ pace. I despised it all because it was nothing like the tropical land of Mombasa, where the morning sun welcomes you with a smile and the evening ocean waves sing to calm the hearts.

And yet here I am, back in my home town but yearning to be back in the busy noisy streets of Nairobi. I’ve grown to love the city for some reason. Maybe it’s because of all the growing up it has witnessed in me, or the number of hearts the city has inspired me to break. Maybe it’s all the souls that have intertwined with mine, or the stories that I have lived, I don’t know, maybe it’s all of these things. Then again maybe it’s none.

Life has changed now and I choose to believe for the better. I’ve moved back home and a part of me feels as though I’m in this weird limbo zone where I’m floating between two places I call home. I think it’s possible to have two homes, or even more, right? or maybe not. Simultaneously, I feel like I now have to start from scratch;  make new friends and learn how to be an adult; an adult with an 8 to 5 job who’s also trying to stay afloat of her blogging and Youtube.Non the less, this is good.This is a chance for me to rediscover Mombasa, to be enchanted by new places and aromas;to live through new stories, and grow myself.Besides,it doesn't mean that i'll never go back to Nairobi, like I said, life changes in an instant and who knows what exciting surprises the future holds.

Thus,now you know why I’ve been gone for so long.No I haven’t quit blogging nor youtube, and I’m definitely not married (ps. I have no idea where some of you got that from). I’ve simply been busy trying to adjust to the changes.I’m confident though, I will get the hang of things soon enough in shaa Allah.Thanks to all you who’ve stuck around and more so those who reached out to me.It really does mean a lot.I hope you guys are fairing on well and as always I love hearing from you guys!xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

BELOVED POSTS